L’Italia ha un problema gravissimo con il digitale, e questa è cosa ormai stranota. Da qualche anno occupiamo stabilmente gli ultimi posti Europa, e continuiamo a peggiorare, in particolare stando a quegli indici che misurano le competenze digitali dei cittadini. Sembra una maledizione: nonostante il proliferare di iniziative pubbliche, di fondazioni dedicate, di progetti europei nazionali e regionali, il divario tra l’abbondanza di strumenti e le capacità degli italiani di usarli con profitto nella vita lavorativa o privata continua ad allargarsi.
Eutopian is an independent, inclusive and open observatory on democratic innovation, both as innovation within a democratic context and as innovation of democracy, recognizing that the two aspects are inseparable from each other, and are fundamental for a digital society model in which humans retain their centrality; and on the digital revolution in its various aspects: technological, scientific, economic, legal, social, cultural, political.
Eutopian cares about the development of a healthy political debate around our foundational topics, but is strictly non-partisan. One of our goals is the proposal of concrete and feasible policies to improve national and European perspectives, whilst being aware of the complexity of a rapidly changing world.
The fundamental themes of Eutopian’s activity are:
- monitoring and promotion of technological innovation and its social, economic, political consequences;
- the conscious participation of the citizen in the present time, also through dialogue with institutions, and in particular the new models of citizenship, also through the study of enabling technologies;
- the dissemination of international experiences of creating open / smart communities in terms of quality of services, sustainable development, application of new technologies, digital transformation of processes and development of new models of economic growth;
- the promotion of active participation in the processes of democratic innovation and digitalization, deepening technological, economic, social, ethical, managerial and cooperation logic aspects;
- the policymaker engagement and the dialogue with the institutions and with the intermediate bodies of the democratic debate (parties, unions, think tanks), and in particular the diffusion of democratic innovation among administrators and in the Public Administration;
- the sharing of possible benefits, opportunities and cooperation models that can arise from innovation processes;
- security and protection of personal data, and in general the protection of digital identity;
- inclusion, diversity, leadership development.
Eutopian operates through collective reflection through various modalities, dissemination events, partnerships with similar realities at local, national, European and global level.
|Website||Eutopian - Osservatorio europeo sull'innovazione democratica|
|My role||Founder & Chair|
|Also available in||🇮🇹 Italiano🇫🇷 Français|